Let's bake with Desiderio N°1!
Ciambellone al Prosecco
- 160g all purpose flour (cake or pastry flour will also work)
- 70g corn or potato starch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 whole eggs, room temperature
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 100ml Desiderio N°1 prosecco
- 180ml olive oil
- 200g icing, or very fine sugar
- Very fine zest of 1 untreated lemon
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 heavy pinch of salt
To begin, preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Prepare a bundt pan by greasing it with butter and dusting it with flour. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, starch, and baking powder. Set this mixture aside.
Using a blender, combine the 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, prosecco, oil, zest, sugar, and salt. Blend until the ingredients are emulsified, resembling a mayonnaise-like consistency. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
If time allows, you can refrigerate the batter for 12 hours. This optional step enhances the flavor of the cake and allows the gluten to rest in case of overmixing.
Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan, ensuring it is evenly spread. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, checking the top for browning. If needed, lower the baking temperature. To determine if the cake is done, insert a wooden skewer into the center; it should come out clean.
Allow the cake to cool before removing it from the pan. Prior to serving, dust the cake with icing sugar.