CHICKEN WITH POMODORO AND PROSECCO SAUCE
- 6 bone in - skin on, chicken thighs (trim and discard excess skin)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup Desiderio N°1 Prosecco
- 14.5 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat chicken dry. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place flour into a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in flour. Gently tapping off excess flour.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken. Brown on both sides. Turning as little as possible.
- Once chicken has browned, add bay leaf and pour Prosecco around chicken. Cook until it reduces by half.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Carefully transfer skillet to pre-heated oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes OR until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Transfer chicken to plate. Set aside.
- Carefully return skillet to burner and heat over low heat. Add cream. Mix to combine. When warmed through, check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Remove skillet from heat. Use an immersion blender to blend sauce to a smooth consistency.
- Return chicken to skillet.
OPTIONAL - for a more crispy skin, at STEP 8 transfer chicken to a baking sheet (instead of plate to keep warm) and place under broiler for just a minute or two to crisp skin.